Author Topic: Compressed blockchain  (Read 4062 times)

Offline zesterer

• Linux Geek #1
  • Administrator
  • The south coast of Antarctica
    • View Profile
    • Fastcoin
Compressed blockchain
« on: January 04, 2014, 03:08:35 AM »
Here's a compressed blockchain from roughly 02:00 AM GMT+0 Jan 4th 2014 for anybody struggling to cope with the synchronising times.

Simply drop the contents of the zip file into your .fastcoin folder in the /home/user directory (can someone tell me the Windows equivalent?):

Download the file: blockchain.zip (657 Mb)

Even better, there's now a torrent! Please, please please seed it for as long as you possibly can to make sure it stays alive! Download the torrent file here: blockchain.zip.torrent

« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 01:48:06 PM by zesterer »

Part-time programmer, Linux user, lover of all things decentralised, and the first (I think!) non-admin user to join this forum!
Got a spare few bob? I'd love a donation at: fvJ1J7fCJpXMmUfLFTdLK4hRPGpmtSgfvQ

Offline m0gliE

• Administrator
  • take me to the jungle
    • View Profile
    • The Computer Field
Re: Compressed blockchain
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 10:43:46 PM »
Packaged up the blockchain from the new 8.5.3 win32 client.

Date: January 14, 2014

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z77060jg7iqrkeg/Fastcoin_1-14-14-BlockChain.zip

https://www.dropbox.com/s/braraifjdulv1h1/Fastcoin_1-14-14-BlockChain.zip.torrent

1-14-14-BlockChain.zip

1-14-14-BlockChain.zip.torrent

« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 07:29:38 PM by m0gliE »

Offline Bugzee

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 01:34:54 AM »
Thank you, this was a tremendous help. Perhaps we can have a regularly updated compressed blockchain available in the downloads area. I think once a week would be fine. This would be a great benefit to new users. I would be happy to compress and upload it myself if needed. I certainly have the bandwidth to do so. I also like the idea of putting a link into the wallet to download the latest one as another poster noted. Synchronizing the chain is extremely slow. I am aware that its slow on other coins as well, but any extra help on getting it done faster would be appreciated by many.

paulmaritz

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 11:55:52 AM »
Thank you, this was a tremendous help. Perhaps we can have a regularly updated compressed blockchain available in the downloads area. I think once a week would be fine. This would be a great benefit to new users. I would be happy to compress and upload it myself if needed. I certainly have the bandwidth to do so. I also like the idea of putting a link into the wallet to download the latest one as another poster noted. Synchronizing the chain is extremely slow. I am aware that its slow on other coins as well, but any extra help on getting it done faster would be appreciated by many.

Excellent idea.

Offline m0gliE

• Administrator
  • take me to the jungle
    • View Profile
    • The Computer Field
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 04:44:31 AM »

Offline Lasergun

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 09:57:36 PM »
The current actual windows wallet version is 8.7.2. For faster synchronisation you can download the blockchain snapshot from here. Just unpack it using 7-Zip archiver or WinRAR to this folderr: C:\Users\Admin\UserName\Roaming\Fastcoin.
fkXvDJpdjYULj9j3r5BmnL79Um9U7b8f63

Offline Guido

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2017, 07:23:55 PM »
is there an electrum style wallet with preloaded blockchain, one that is up todate
a 2017 version would be great, saw on download list there is this type wallet for fastcoin?