Author Topic: fastcoin not moving fast in coinmareketcap.com  (Read 1576 times)

Offline cryptocrazy

• View Profile
fastcoin not moving fast in coinmareketcap.com
« on: December 24, 2013, 06:42:50 PM »
How in hell could doge coin be worth 10 x's the market value of fastcoin & it was only released last month,,

fastcoin is hardly moving on coinmarketcap.com,  Fast coin has a lovely looking website & talk of an android wallet whoopie

could make that in a couple day's i'd imagine but what is going on i can't find any useful information on the net about fastcoin

or anything new on this forum nothing is moving fast from what i can see,

I'm currently sick so can't do thing's i'd like to, Including any promoting with fastcoin but what have the main

creator's done in the six month's since lauch am i missing something please feel free to fill me in?

Offline fastmint

• View Profile
    • fastcoinvision.com
Re: fastcoin not moving fast in coinmareketcap.com
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 05:03:57 PM »
Dont worry It is normal other coins have pump and dump scheme and lot of pr.It is so easy to invest 2BTC to but some of your own private coin and raise the price dramatically the trading volumes of those coins are so small and easy to manipulate  enjoy the time you can mine coins easily you will miss it. stay cool 8)
In Fast We Trust
spread the fastcoin vision around the FastCoinVisionweb FST:fqqcVQ2Q2XtwrRa7dEHNPcezJERupYjCPs

Offline CarlHenrik

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 08:29:29 PM »
Dogecoin has a very very high number of coins, a unfair but lucrative block reward for early miners and lastly but not the least... a cute puppy.   

The only thing to consider mimicking is using cute animal puppies in marketing. Who would not ? Everyone knows kittens go viral on the internet.

On a serious note though I think we should not use too much cheetahs, it takes away from the impression of the seriousness of the transaction system that is fast even though cheetahs are cool and cute. (yes I'm guilty of using a cheetah image). Fastcoin is not Cheetahcoin, and cheetah images can only be used a little I think.

Also I think that the section "the case for fast coin" on the main site does more damage than good. The main case for fastcoin is that it is fast, functional and has a selfexplanatory name. The graph similaritites mentioned on the page are statistically insignificant, meaning that while fastcoin may explode like bitcoin, the graph similarities does not imply it necessarily being so, meaning the graph similarities make no case at all for fastcoin and claiming so makes a bad impression (at least on me as a hobby mathematician/statistician and trader).  Fast, functional and selfexplanatory, that's the main case for fastcoin in my humble opinion.

It's also fairly launched (slow release=small initial market cap), and has a growing community.

Offline shitscared

• Professor J Man
  • Administrator
  • fastcoin.ws
    • View Profile
    • Fastcoin Dot WS
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 04:59:30 AM »
Let me say something about the doge bagholders and a little about the doge itself.

"There once was a doge lying down chewing on a bone.... When he got up he only had three legs!" -- shitscared

J
-
The J Man (aka shitscared)
http://twitter.com/fstcoin
http://fastcoin.ws

Donate: fv4SKk5V5iBsYVoJGnnkGXqAa7aPQChqFC

Offline Cheetahx

• Administrator
  • Make a difference Join the FastCoin Movement
    • View Profile
    • FastCoin
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 08:21:02 PM »
Let me say something about the doge bagholders and a little about the doge itself.

"There once was a doge lying down chewing on a bone.... When he got up he only had three legs!" -- shitscared

J
LOL,

Thank you for that J,

you always remind me with not only your development skills, but the fact that you possess a great sense of humor and wit which clearly demonstrates the intelligence you possess.  We are lucky to be in your company ;-)

As far as any Crypto coin moving fast or slow on the Coin Market Cap website, a word of caution to all.  You cannot allow yourself to be sucked into the false pretense of speculative money chasing every new coin that makes its way to this chart.  It is far more important to focus on Community support, development base, and merchant adoption.

We are very proud to see our Community support flourish, in particular the recent addition of this forum and the fact that we are rapidly approach 3 digit membership.  To further our Network Difficulty continues to climb at a steady rate which also demonstrates the thousands of miners slowly testing and moving towards our coin.  We have recorded on several occasions our Hash Rate surpass 1GHs and we have been for most of the month of December past 400 Mhs on average.

Our development base continues to grow with Jase leading the charge and many others wishing to also assist with this initiative.  We have managed to develop wallets for Windows, Mac, Android and recently Linux clients have also been in the mix.  We look forward to having an iOS version for the iPhone out in the first quarter of 2014 as well!

Finally our merchant adoption is also growing with more and more online retailers continually communicating to us looking for ways to accept our coin for payment.  This is a "Network  Effect" and will continue to grow with our every day efforts as we continue to ensure these three key areas develop in the future.

On that note, I would implore all FastCoin supporters to cast your very critical vote to the following forum on Bitcointalk.org

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=276455.new#new

This is a very important step for us to enable merchant services to accept FastCoin for payment.  We have been waiting patiently for a long time for this and now it may seem like we have the opportunity to act on this!  Please visit the above link and be sure to let them know you want FastCoin to be listed as one of the coins they offer for merchant services.

All the best to all of you for an exciting and prosperous 2014!

Sincerely

Cheetahx

Offline CarlHenrik

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2013, 11:25:58 PM »
Hello and thanks and also best wishes for all for 2014

I followed the given link https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=276455.new#new to bitcointalk and found the most recent voting for new coins accepted by https://CoinPayments.net to be closed. Hopefully we can get many votes in for the next opportunity.

I did also find the topic (Poll) What is the next altcoin that will succeed? and lay my vote on Fastcoin, which unfortunately was the first vote for fastcoin  . You can go there and vote for fastcoin.

Also for newcomers to bitcointalk like myself, to vote at bitcointalk you have to register a profile there. In the registry process you are informed that as a new member you cannot post outside of the newbie section, I'd like to point out this does not mean you cannot vote elsewhere though so just go ahead and register and vote for fastcoin. Have your friends register and vote too! This should be possible also when the next inclusion poll for coinpayments.net is held and probably announced in the topic linked by Cheetahx.

Offline 3dGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2013, 09:03:32 AM »
Done.

Offline coradan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ejemplos Bitcoin
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2013, 06:12:09 PM »
Done
Saludos,
http://www.ejemplosbitcoin.com
FST: ffjQcJKsqWbtku3hdyXunxwKMogs6pTZp1

Offline paulmaritz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CryptoCoinUpdates.com
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2014, 03:43:57 PM »
Done.  8)

Offline zesterer

• Linux Geek #1
  • Administrator
  • The south coast of Antarctica
    • View Profile
    • Fastcoin
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2014, 02:56:44 AM »
Done 

Good to see Fastcoin developing slowly. Huge and out of control growth is never a good sign for a crypto currency. I've sold off most of my crypto coins. But I am keeping my Fastcoins, because I know that this is a currency worth a long-term investment in.

Despite a lot of work I've got at the moment, I'll try to keep going on the development of my Fastcoin wallet client, so that hopefully we may have something that puts Fastcoin well ahead of the game.

I think it's also important to remember than an economy won't win simply on it's statistics alone. If Fastcoin is truly to succeed, we need to bring in developers working on a wide range of tools that make the transition from PayPal and Bitcoin to Fastcoin as smooth as possibly, while also aiding those who are already part of the community. I have a wide range of ideas cooking up, some of which I might put into practise. Hopefully others here will have the same, and we can see a stable growth appearing in Fastcoin.

It's awesome to be part of a community like this :)

- Zesterer
Part-time programmer, Linux user, lover of all things decentralised, and the first (I think!) non-admin user to join this forum!
Got a spare few bob? I'd love a donation at: fvJ1J7fCJpXMmUfLFTdLK4hRPGpmtSgfvQ

Offline CarlHenrik

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2014, 09:55:44 PM »
The new vote is accepting candidate coins and will open on monday!

But it seems fastcoin is already accepted

https://www.coinpayments.net/index.php?cmd=supported_coins

!

:)

Ideally we would have a lower absolute transaction fee, though, now it's 0.1 FST but coins with less than double value have one tenth, 0.01, in absolute transaction fee. These relations might make people choose other coins than FST because they have lower transaction fees and people just like to optimize. Has someone talked to CoinPayments about this?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 10:27:28 PM by CarlHenrik »

Offline KingCole

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2014, 01:59:26 PM »
Now that Fastcoin is listed maybe every one in the community should attempt to buy something using their Fastcoins? Nothing will bring more merchants onboard and improve the negotiation power of Fastcoin more than merchants raving about sales by a particular coin.

By the way, can we get a T-Shirt design on http://www.51attack.com/ I would love the Cheetah design in Cheetahx profile pic

KC

Offline fcfan

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2014, 05:06:14 PM »
Fastcoin fans,

I agree that we should be asking businesses if they accept fastcoins but in the event they said yes how do we tell them to convert their fastcoins to cash?

Thanks,

FCfan

Offline Cryptomarket

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2014, 06:05:03 PM »
Fastcoin fans,

I agree that we should be asking businesses if they accept fastcoins but in the event they said yes how do we tell them to convert their fastcoins to cash?

Thanks,

FCfan
Thanks for the post FcFan,

It is my understanding that there are currently several ways of doing this depending on the situation.  An API was recently developed for FastCoin that allows merchants to "PlugIn" both their Online store or POS system.  This API will allow both the merchant to accept FastCoins and process their order seamlessly.  It should also give them the ability to interface with one of the exchanges to conduct either batch or real-time processing requests to transmit conversion directly into Fiat.

FastCoin is currently working with several 3rd party IT consultants that can assist in the implementation of this model.  You may want to check with the FastCoin Foundation team as they are in the process of establishing a preferred vendor list where merchants can select who to work with depending on their region and their specific payment processing needs.

Best Regards

Cryptomarket
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 06:08:51 PM by Cryptomarket »

Offline BigBear

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2014, 06:14:57 PM »
The new vote is accepting candidate coins and will open on monday!

But it seems fastcoin is already accepted

https://www.coinpayments.net/index.php?cmd=supported_coins

!

:)

Ideally we would have a lower absolute transaction fee, though, now it's 0.1 FST but coins with less than double value have one tenth, 0.01, in absolute transaction fee. These relations might make people choose other coins than FST because they have lower transaction fees and people just like to optimize. Has someone talked to CoinPayments about this?

Thanks for noticing Carl,

Yes FastCoin is moving very fast indeed!  Coin Payments has decided to expedite our status due to the potential of some high profile merchant customers demanding assistance on this, as a result they have granted FastCoin full API status, which is great as now the real work of implementing the coin payment system for the merchant begins!

/BB