Author Topic: Thing that can help the growth of fastcoin  (Read 5968 times)

Offline chebruta

• View Profile
Thing that can help the growth of fastcoin
« on: December 11, 2013, 10:21:31 PM »
Hi All,

There are a few things witch can help to get more attention for fastcoin.

1.Faucet
2.Be more active on bitcointalk (most cryptocoiners are on that forum)
3.Start a foundation
4.Get your own gambling site, or join others.
5.Get you website in more than one language
6.Get on a chinees Exchange

Just some options, i have been a big fan of the coin from the beginning  :)

Greetz

FST :fj6eD7ZjKVZhXy1rxaNBVgFtVrmCKPk3CL

paulmaritz

Re: Thing that can help the growth of fastcoin
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 11:42:25 PM »
Thanks, great list you've got there.  8)

Offline FSTFan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 12:55:18 AM »
Thanks Chebruta,

We would have to agree with you, in fact on the point about activity on bitcointalk.org I think we need to perhaps redirect traffic from that site over to ours here at fastcointalk.org

I will pm fast-coin and Cheetahx and see if they could make a posting on Bitcointalk.org so that they can redirect some of that flow over here?  Working both forums would be a good idea but I think in terms of efficiency, longer term this site will probably be the go to site for all things related to FastCoin.

Offline redredbiz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 06:03:20 AM »
i am chinese. glad 2 see the forum.

can i apply the bandmanager of chinese.thx

Hi All,

1.Faucet
3.Start a foundation

Greetz
fastcoin:fk7rP1aZzn8Uxrxo5ecmZArhe4so4NHRVb

Offline chebruta

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 04:53:47 PM »
Thanks Chebruta,

We would have to agree with you, in fact on the point about activity on bitcointalk.org I think we need to perhaps redirect traffic from that site over to ours here at fastcointalk.org

I will pm fast-coin and Cheetahx and see if they could make a posting on Bitcointalk.org so that they can redirect some of that flow over here?  Working both forums would be a good idea but I think in terms of efficiency, longer term this site will probably be the go to site for all things related to FastCoin.

Good to see you like the list,and you are right when you say this forum is more effective for the long term, but to get more popularity its good to post al status updates about fastcoin on bitcointalk and here offcource and when people finally know the true power of the coin they will follow you to this forum!

If you need help with anything let me know.

Greetz
FST :fj6eD7ZjKVZhXy1rxaNBVgFtVrmCKPk3CL

Offline coradan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ejemplos Bitcoin
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 04:54:06 PM »

I dont understand!   
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 04:55:44 PM by coradan »
Saludos,
http://www.ejemplosbitcoin.com
FST: ffjQcJKsqWbtku3hdyXunxwKMogs6pTZp1

Offline Mediagirl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2013, 06:32:41 PM »

Hi All,

1.Faucet
3.Start a foundation

Greetz

Hi RedRedbiz,

Thank you for your post, do you mean you want to know if you can post the FastCoin Brand in Chinese?  The answer is YES of coarse, please feel free to present the FastCoin brand logo in any language you wish.

Best Wishes

Meidagirl

Offline Cr4ck3r

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2013, 06:50:48 PM »

1.Faucet

I would help to develop a faucet and I would translate you site and news into German and maybe Czech.
If you are interested, just PM me or write to my twitter account: @Cr4ck3r_

Have a nice day.
~ FastCoin Support Germany ~

Offline 3dGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2013, 12:48:03 PM »
ahoj !

Offline cryptofaucets

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2013, 09:13:25 PM »
I have a list of Fastcoin faucets that I've come across over here - http://cryptocoinfaucets.com/fastcoin-faucets/

Offline zesterer

• Linux Geek #1
  • Administrator
  • The south coast of Antarctica
    • View Profile
    • Fastcoin
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2014, 03:08:52 AM »
I'm not sure a gambling site is the best way to go...

If we are to truly make Fastcoin work, we don't want gambling, or other such things being a critical part of the economy. If it is to succeed, we need "Average Joe" to be interested in Fastcoin.

To do that, we need Fastcoin and it's services to be user-friendly.
We need to make it mainstream - get the word out.
We need to keep it as efficient and as well-oiled as it is.
We need people to set up "business", offering a range of services trading in Fastcoin.
We need people to look at Fastcoin and go "wow. This could be useful to me".

We need a part of this forum that lets people put their Fastcoin business up for advertising.
Part-time programmer, Linux user, lover of all things decentralised, and the first (I think!) non-admin user to join this forum!
Got a spare few bob? I'd love a donation at: fvJ1J7fCJpXMmUfLFTdLK4hRPGpmtSgfvQ

Offline CarlHenrik

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2014, 10:15:31 AM »
This post deals with item 2 on chebrutas list.

I searched for coinnames randomly selected around fastcoin in the coinmarketcap.com ranking and listed the number of resultpages on bitcointalk. Here are the results:

Digitalcoin: pages:22 rank:20 cap: $ 4,378,411
Netcoin: pages: 9 rank:22 cap: $ 3,847,467
Cryptogenic Bullion: pages:6 rank: 26 cap:$ 2,132,715
Copperlark: pages: 6  rank: 27 cap: $ 2,126,335
BBQcoin: pages:23 rank: 29 cap: $ 1,382,926
Goldcoin: pages:22 rank: 30 cap: $ 1,337,799
Fastcoin: pages:14 rank: 33 cap: $ 1,045,012
Tagcoin: pages 5: rank: 34 cap $ 980,309
Mincoin: pages 16 rank:35 cap $ 928,605

I calculated the correlation coefficient between bitcointalk talk measured in search result pages for a coinname and marketcap dollars for the same coin and the result was around 0.0

This little study shows there is no strong relationship between the amount of talk on bitcointalk and the investor adoption for altcoins in the position range 20-35 in the marketcap ranking.

It does not mean that it does not pay off to talk positive attention gatheringly about a coin on bitcointalk though, since the study has not qualified what type of talk there is in the searchpages and can make no claim other than it probably does not function well to talk randomly about a coin, the talk you do must have a quality to it, because quantity in itself has proven to have little effect.

Usually, though, in many areas, large activity is enough to grab attention from people and make them invest time or money in something, this not being the case with coins may indicate that the vast majority of investors do not spend time reading bitcointalk before making their investment, suggsting that not even talk with good quality has any large effect on market cap.

While quality talk at bitcointalk may still have a good impact, the study shows it's not that large and I'm wondering if there is something better to prioritize?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 10:21:49 AM by CarlHenrik »

Offline zesterer

• Linux Geek #1
  • Administrator
  • The south coast of Antarctica
    • View Profile
    • Fastcoin
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2014, 02:39:12 PM »
We aren't looking for big investors. We aren't looking for miners. We don't want to get rich quick.

At Fastcoin, we aim to create a useful economy that can be used my many people for transactions of any size. We aim to create a fast, safe, reliable and useful system that people can use with assurance that their money is being put into a stable and successful coin that will not let them down.

We're not looking for an exchange rate that climbs wildly out of control, we're looking for something reliable with constant but stable growth.

Thanks for the tip,

- Zesterer
Part-time programmer, Linux user, lover of all things decentralised, and the first (I think!) non-admin user to join this forum!
Got a spare few bob? I'd love a donation at: fvJ1J7fCJpXMmUfLFTdLK4hRPGpmtSgfvQ

Offline Bugzee

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2014, 02:07:11 AM »
May I make a suggestion. For merchants to really embrace a cryptocoin, I think they would want an easy and convenient way to exchange their coin into their local currency. Sure, there are several exchanges available at the moment. But how about making a quick single click Fastcoin to local currency service? This exchange website would be dedicated to Fastcoin only. Perhaps even have it tied into the wallet itself.

I'm thinking from a retailer's point of view. I would not want to have to deal with some obscure exchange or have to go through the trouble of first changing my Fastcoin into Bitcoin, and then change the Bitcoin into USD. I want to press a button and get my money. I understand it won't be a simple solution to implement. But I think that would have a profound effect on everyone. Imagine, it doesn't matter if they never heard of Fastcoin before, only that they can use it to get real fiat money to pay their bills. They don't need to be concerned if their suppliers know or accept fastcoin, only that it works!

Offline BigBear

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2014, 10:25:27 AM »
This post deals with item 2 on chebrutas list.

I searched for coinnames randomly selected around fastcoin in the coinmarketcap.com ranking and listed the number of resultpages on bitcointalk. Here are the results:

Digitalcoin: pages:22 rank:20 cap: $ 4,378,411
Netcoin: pages: 9 rank:22 cap: $ 3,847,467
Cryptogenic Bullion: pages:6 rank: 26 cap:$ 2,132,715
Copperlark: pages: 6  rank: 27 cap: $ 2,126,335
BBQcoin: pages:23 rank: 29 cap: $ 1,382,926
Goldcoin: pages:22 rank: 30 cap: $ 1,337,799
Fastcoin: pages:14 rank: 33 cap: $ 1,045,012
Tagcoin: pages 5: rank: 34 cap $ 980,309
Mincoin: pages 16 rank:35 cap $ 928,605

I calculated the correlation coefficient between bitcointalk talk measured in search result pages for a coinname and marketcap dollars for the same coin and the result was around 0.0

This little study shows there is no strong relationship between the amount of talk on bitcointalk and the investor adoption for altcoins in the position range 20-35 in the marketcap ranking.

It does not mean that it does not pay off to talk positive attention gatheringly about a coin on bitcointalk though, since the study has not qualified what type of talk there is in the searchpages and can make no claim other than it probably does not function well to talk randomly about a coin, the talk you do must have a quality to it, because quantity in itself has proven to have little effect.

Usually, though, in many areas, large activity is enough to grab attention from people and make them invest time or money in something, this not being the case with coins may indicate that the vast majority of investors do not spend time reading bitcointalk before making their investment, suggsting that not even talk with good quality has any large effect on market cap.

While quality talk at bitcointalk may still have a good impact, the study shows it's not that large and I'm wondering if there is something better to prioritize?
Thank you for your post Carl,

I like your analysis and depth of study.  Please feel free to share any other thoughts or ideas you feel would be a good strategy for FastCoin to pursue.  Please feel free to PM to discuss further if you wish.

Best Regards

BB