Author Topic: We should learn from Dogecoin  (Read 2381 times)

Offline XenInvestments

• View Profile
    • RegularWriting
We should learn from Dogecoin
« on: February 07, 2014, 07:05:09 AM »
No, I am not here to promote Dogecoin, but I think there is something to be said about the marketing strategy inherent in the Dogecoin community's coming together to send a Jamaican bobsled team to the Winter Olympics:

http://rt.com/news/jamaica-sochi-bobsleigh-russia-961/     "Cool Fundings" 

I imagine, for a short while at least, Dogecoin is going to enjoy a price pump as well as some healthy publicity once the Olympics are underway. I think this was a fantastic opportunity for Dogecoin proponents to take advantage of, and our community should do the same.

I suggest the Fastcoin community attempt to sponsor a racecar driver of some sort, perhaps NASCAR. Clearly, "Fastcoin" would be a happy feature on the hood of any racecar. Perhaps someone could look into what something like that would cost, and we could organize a fundraiser of sorts?

Another option could be funding bicyclists, stuntmen, and anyone willing to wear a fastcoin patch, tshirt, or other insignia.

There are also so many races and marathons around the world that I imagine it shouldn't be too difficult to find a few runners here and there to help us promote by wearing a shirt in exchange for a donation or sponsorship.

I also like to think of Redbull energy drinks when they sponsored the highest ever supersonic freefall:

http://www.redbullstratos.com/

This story and its videos recieved tremendous coverage.

Just some food for thought!  ;)

[FST]: frzq1hAtT15RGaJyFH6cmXJFvCoFWNybZ6
[BTC]: 1QLkn5DbkiYp873GHeLiQqRpngL6JztRU
[LTC]: LX1KJskd4uysU64vFN9qyABzZGQx5rhYzR
[VTC]: Vchmv8K2MhMgG1FP6AjqdyH9s7N7XGqjPG

Offline FSTFan

• View Profile
Re: We should learn from Dogecoin
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 10:31:45 AM »
No, I am not here to promote Dogecoin, but I think there is something to be said about the marketing strategy inherent in the Dogecoin community's coming together to send a Jamaican bobsled team to the Winter Olympics:

I imagine, for a short while at least, Dogecoin is going to enjoy a price pump as well as some healthy publicity once the Olympics are underway. I think this was a fantastic opportunity for Dogecoin proponents to take advantage of, and our community should do the same.

I suggest the Fastcoin community attempt to sponsor a racecar driver of some sort, perhaps NASCAR. Clearly, "Fastcoin" would be a happy feature on the hood of any racecar. Perhaps someone could look into what something like that would cost, and we could organize a fundraiser of sorts?

Another option could be funding bicyclists, stuntmen, and anyone willing to wear a fastcoin patch, tshirt, or other insignia.

There are also so many races and marathons around the world that I imagine it shouldn't be too difficult to find a few runners here and there to help us promote by wearing a shirt in exchange for a donation or sponsorship.

I also like to think of Redbull energy drinks when they sponsored the highest ever supersonic freefall:

Great perspective XenInvestments,

I agree with you, we need to think of a creative way to promote FST like Doge, but I think we might be a little naive to believe that Doge's success is purely attributed to marketing?  My gut tells me that they have "large" investors piling into it from the start and are experimenting with some of their play money in this space, at the same time giving Litecoin a run for their money.  I could be completely wrong but it just does not make sense how a coin which came out of no where in Dec of 2013 and we are 3 months later looking at a $70,000,000 Market cap?  hmmmmmm  :)

Offline XenInvestments

• View Profile
    • RegularWriting
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 03:24:18 AM »

Great perspective XenInvestments,

I agree with you, we need to think of a creative way to promote FST like Doge, but I think we might be a little naive to believe that Doge's success is purely attributed to marketing?  My gut tells me that they have "large" investors piling into it from the start and are experimenting with some of their play money in this space, at the same time giving Litecoin a run for their money.  I could be completely wrong but it just does not make sense how a coin which came out of no where in Dec of 2013 and we are 3 months later looking at a $70,000,000 Market cap?  hmmmmmm  :)

I never stated that Doge's success was soley due to marketing.

My point was that Doge took advantage of a clever opportunity--it would be naive for Fastcoin and its development team to forgoe such opportunities.
[FST]: frzq1hAtT15RGaJyFH6cmXJFvCoFWNybZ6
[BTC]: 1QLkn5DbkiYp873GHeLiQqRpngL6JztRU
[LTC]: LX1KJskd4uysU64vFN9qyABzZGQx5rhYzR
[VTC]: Vchmv8K2MhMgG1FP6AjqdyH9s7N7XGqjPG

Offline TheCat

• FST > BTC; FST > LTC; FST > DOGE
    • View Profile
    • fastcointalk.org
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 02:10:48 PM »
I am not sure it's a good idea... frankly the such wow, much wow, big wow and co crowd... not that fun better to be among peers that will keep it for the long term... it's a multi-years irl game... We should learn from the Master, ie BTC. That's means keeping it "pro". my 0.00000001 fst. On the other hand more attractivity would be good, but in my opinion better wait for after the 05.29.2014 once the block halving happen.