Author Topic: What are orphaned blocks and are they common in fastcoin system  (Read 1702 times)

Offline fastmint

• View Profile
    • fastcoinvision.com
What are orphaned blocks and are they common in fastcoin system
« on: January 28, 2014, 04:14:08 PM »

spread the fastcoin vision around the FastCoinVisionweb FST:fqqcVQ2Q2XtwrRa7dEHNPcezJERupYjCPs

Offline m0gliE

• Administrator
  • take me to the jungle
    • View Profile
    • The Computer Field
Re: What are orphaned blocks and are they common in fastcoin system
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 07:11:40 PM »

Orphaned blocks are still valid blocks but just end up not getting included in the main chain. They can occur when two miners (or pools) produce blocks at similar times. Generally, which ever has the best share, or hashrate, will get their's accepted by the network It is also partially due to the fast blocktime, I've seen many miners have misconfigured settings, such as queue time, scantime and expiry. When mining on a P2Pool node, the solved block is able to be propagated across that entire network which greatly reduces the chances of orphans.

You can google for "Orphaned blocks" and find lots of other input and other ways describing it for better understanding.

You can also read up on how P2Pool works here:

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/P2Pool

Offline jaredboice

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 11:32:34 PM »
This was a good question but the initial part of the answer confuses me.  How can a block be valid if it is not included in the block chain?

Offline fastmint

• View Profile
    • fastcoinvision.com
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 12:01:41 AM »
Ok I understand orphan block are unwanted more or less why but are they common in fastcoin system. more than dogecoin for example it seems they have many orphan blocks but good value. they are 8 weeks online and they have pokerroom already somebody must help me establish a poker room if you believe fastcoin is reliable enough. It is the best way to make deposites
spread the fastcoin vision around the FastCoinVisionweb FST:fqqcVQ2Q2XtwrRa7dEHNPcezJERupYjCPs