Author Topic: FASTEST WALLET INSTALLATION *** FOR NEWBIES OR NON EXPERTS LIKE ME  (Read 567 times)

Offline fastcoinrules

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
1- Download the wallet
https://sourceforge.net/projects/fastcoin/files/win32/0.10.2.2/
Install it. Make sure that the firewall is not blocking Fastcoin (you have to put an exception if the system doesn't ask you).

2- Download the blockchain.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B37Llt3dDAzHTktRRFpzSlJaVzA
Here's latest one, is 4 GB but once downloaded you are just 2 weeks behind. It takes less time that building all the blockchain by zero.

3- Extract and copy all files into the roaming directory. You have to make all files visible, because that folder most of time it's not visible. In my case, all must be copied into users/admin/appdata/roaming/fastcoin

4- Run the wallet. In 10 minutes you are at just 2 weeks behind.

Offline fastcoinrules

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: FASTEST WALLET INSTALLATION *** FOR NEWBIES OR NON EXPERTS LIKE ME
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 05:37:52 PM »
Important. After installation #1, close the wallet.
-----
This Topic will make smile 90% of users, but I can guaratee that all newbies and non experts like me (10%) will love it.
-----
Because I'm here with my 1st wallet since jan 2014. But 2 days ago I installed a second wallet on another PC and it was difficult to say the least.
Then it became impossible: (to DevTeam) if you install the wallet you won't be able to build a blockchain in the automatic way.
It gets stuck at 2 years + 46 weeks for unknown reasons.... maybe there are few nodes or I don't know (I repeat, I don't know enough of this stuff).
That's why you must download the blockchain.zip. Doing that, it's all ok. - Syncro in 2 hours!

Offline fastcoinrules

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2017, 06:54:28 AM »
To DevTeam and/or Administrator.
If you think this topics is worth something, in case it's full of grammar/syntax errors, feel free to delete and turn it into another more correct and understandable form.

All that I put into this thread is accessible into this Forum, but I think a newbie would find difficult putting all pieces together.

Offline dan_and_shan

• dont take life too serious, no one gets out alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2017, 01:57:44 AM »
I set up the wallet and tested a transfer from Cryptopia the other day( was fast 8 confirms in under 3 mins), was pretty quick and easy with the block-chain download. Wallet from here - http://www.fast-coin.org/downloads.html and full blockchain here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B37Llt3dDAzHTktRRFpzSlJaVzA . Extract to User/appdata/roaming/Fastcoin. Took a few minutes to sync the last 10 days or so. didn't worry about a config file. and all good to go ;)

Offline Herow

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 01:37:20 PM »
1- Download the wallet
https://sourceforge.net/projects/fastcoin/files/win32/0.10.2.2/
Install it. Make sure that the firewall is not blocking Fastcoin (you have to put an exception if the system doesn't ask you).

2- Download the blockchain.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B37Llt3dDAzHTktRRFpzSlJaVzA
Here's latest one, is 4 GB but once downloaded you are just 2 weeks behind. It takes less time that building all the blockchain by zero.

3- Extract and copy all files into the roaming directory. You have to make all files visible, because that folder most of time it's not visible. In my case, all must be copied into users/admin/appdata/roaming/fastcoin

4- Run the wallet. In 10 minutes you are at just 2 weeks behind.

Having issues installing and using the wallet... I installed more than once from different sources and attempted receiving coins from cryptopia... no luck.

The wallet isn't like the example in the video on fast-coin.org.. it would help to be updated so that users can easily use fastcoin and will be more likely to buy fastcoin.

Offline fastcoinrules

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 01:58:47 PM »
I guess you started operating on your wallet before you got the blockchain updated.... it just won't work.

Read carefully what above.

1- Install the client/wallet. Most important, don't select "Download blockchain" (You will do that after installation). If installation is ok, go on.
2- Close the wallet/client once installed.
3- Download the blockchain, and copy it like described above.
4- Run the client
5- 2 hours and you're updated. Start operating on your wallet.

Offline Herow

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2017, 11:47:53 PM »
So should I uninstall the wallet and the block chain and start over?

I'm not sure how to copy the blockchain like described, I could only unzip the file...

Does copying the blockchain effectively "download" the blockchain?

Also, why am I only allowed to make a post every 7200 seconds? (2 hours)

Offline fastcoinrules

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2017, 10:32:47 AM »
@Herow...
In case you haven't sent/received FST yet, you can uninstall FSt client without problems.
(***If you already did transactions, backup your wallett, by copying your wallet.dat file from the directory "users/admin/appdata/roaming/fastcoin").
Then follow the steps I described above.

The hardest part for a newbie can be getting the blockchain working.
To do so, after you've downloaded it:
Extract and copy all files into the roaming directory. You have to make all files visible, because that folder most of time it's not visible. In my case, all must be copied into users/admin/appdata/roaming/fastcoin

Just run the client/wallet.
When the wallet open up, you see a green bar on the bottom telling you how many days/hours behind your blockchain is.
The client is updating the blockchain.
Couple of hours and you're ready to do transactions.

(***In case you backed up a previous wallet, restore it by closing the client.... copy the wallet.dat file on "users/admin/appdata/roaming/fastcoin". Now you have your old wallet running).

Offline dan_and_shan

• dont take life too serious, no one gets out alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2017, 10:50:03 AM »
So should I uninstall the wallet and the block chain and start over?

I'm not sure how to copy the blockchain like described, I could only unzip the file...

Does copying the blockchain effectively "download" the blockchain?

Also, why am I only allowed to make a post every 7200 seconds? (2 hours)

I would say,keep the files in your downloads folder. navigate here  C:\Users\yourpc\AppData\Roaming\Fastcoin (if you cant see the Appdata folder you need to show hidden folders)
1*save a copy of the wallet.dat somewhere safe, then delete the entire contents of the C:\Users\yourpc\AppData\Roaming\Fastcoin folder.
2*install wallet again,after install completes, close.
3*extract or unzip blockchain file, copy the extracted files to C:\Users\yourpc\AppData\Roaming\Fastcoin
4*replace the wallet.dat with the one you saved in step 1
5*launch wallet and wait for it to sync.
 ***If it was a large transfer perhaps wait for someone more knowledgeable to confirm this***
 good luck :)

Offline no1jag

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2017, 10:11:18 PM »
Downloaded, now when I try to open it is taking forever to open. Says it's scanning?

Rescanning at 6% see http://prntscr.com/g36gth

Offline fastcoinrules

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2017, 09:16:40 PM »
Can't be more simple than this (read above).
1. Install the wallet 8 - dont download the blockchain during installation, dont run after installation.
2. Donwload the blockchain.zip.  Extract and copy on roaming etc...
3. ONLY if you previously had backed up wallet, copy wallet.dat on the roaming dir.
4. Run.

It takes 5-10 minutes to load indexes, plus 1-5 hours to update blockchain (from june 2017 through today).

There's really nothing more.