Author Topic: Trying to mine SOLO, is there something wrong?  (Read 1042 times)

Offline bloodmist

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Trying to mine SOLO, is there something wrong?
« on: May 17, 2015, 06:09:01 PM »
Hello fellow miners! Since some of you may have had a similar issue, maybe you can help me with a few questions:

- How often (on average) should i expect to find a block? I suspect something is wrong since in about 10 days i found none. Tried to mine with CPU - 12KH / core x4  ,  and with the cudaminer - at ~
220KH/s but to no avail. I get no error message and the wallet is synced but no coins. I can see the actual miners show me hashrate stats as if they are working but no coins come whatsoever.

- Is there any way i can monitor what the wallet + miner are actually doing? I can monitor the debug.log of the wallet client but i'm not sure what i should look for. I can tell you that once maybe twice a day i can see ORPHAN BLOCK, that's the only thing i know for sure isn't a good thing. I also see all sorts of transactions going on but i don't know what all that means. Is it safe to assume that when i get the ACCEPTED message i might have found a block?

- Did you have any issues with mining or did it work right away?

Offline bloodmist

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to mine SOLO, is there something wrong?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 02:29:27 PM »
Doesn't seem to work any better on any of the computers at work. This is pointless.
There's not much info on Fastcoin issues out there but as far as i can tell the miner finds blocks sometimes but nothing goes in the wallet.
listtransactions shows nothing at all.
There's no errors in the log directly related to the "found" blocks to indicate they were orphaned or anything.
Still pointless.