Author Topic: Hashrate vs. Yield  (Read 364 times)

Offline PawnDaddy

• View Profile
Hashrate vs. Yield
« on: January 09, 2014, 02:58:37 PM »
I run a very stable and consistent hash rate of approximately 1475Kh/s in the cgaminer console.  Yet when I look at my hash rate chart in my mining pool it varies anywhere from over 2000Kh/s to less than 600Kh/s.  What creates such a fluctuation?  My yields are no where near what is predicted in the calculators.  Any explanation?

Offline CarlHenrik

• View Profile
Re: Hashrate vs. Yield
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 05:36:40 PM »
Two anwsers.

Have you checked the calculation on coinchoose? Can't find Fastcoin on there now but the table on the page has a column with profitability adjusted for stales. For Fastcoin this showed much less than a simpler profitability calculation. This is reasonable because fast block time gives high orphan rate. You should get your fair share of the network though in the long run because it's the same for everyone. This might not be true if there is one very dominant pool though.

It is common that pool KH/s varies much more than cgminer KH/s because they are measures of different things. Doesn't the pool have a FAQ or similar saying what it shows? I think usually it's the calculated  average over a certain time calculated in term from accepted shares or similar.